Stocks Jump, Yuan Rallies After Xi and Trump Talk Trade
China’s stock markets extended their longest gaining streak since February on Friday as the yuan continued to strengthen on positive signals from President Xi Jinping and U.S. President Donald Trump about the ongoing trade war.
The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index closed up 2.7%, while the Shenzhen Component Index jumped 3.96%. Both gains were the largest daily increase of the two indexes since Oct. 22, when top Chinese financial officials voiced support to stabilize a market that had been one of the world’s worst performers this year.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas