China’s Latest Financial Threat: Surging Consumer Credit
China’s central bank has issued a warning about the abnormally high growth in the amount of short-term consumer loans issued in China last year.
The surge in consumer credit, which has been accompanied by a rapid buildup in household debt, has sparked wide concerns about growing default risks, as well as its potential to drag on China’s economic growth in the medium term, analysts have said.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas