Urumqi Airport to Get $6 Billion Investment as China Builds Up Belt and Road
China’s top state planner has approved a 42.11 billion yuan ($6.06 billion) expansion of Urumqi’s airport in Northwest China’s Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, as the government looks to transform the airport from a regional flight hub to one of international significance.
The development will see Urumqi Diwopu International Airport handling 63 million passengers a year when the expansion is completed in 2030, up from around 15 million passengers now, according to documents published by the National Development and Reform Commission on Monday.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas