Movers and Shakers: Ant Financial’s New President
| World of Finance
Shen Rujun (沈如军), a former Bank of Communications vice president, has been appointed the new general manager of Central Huijin Investment Co. Ltd., the domestic arm of China Investment Corp., China’s sovereign wealth fund.
His predecessor, Bai Tao (白涛), left several months ago to join China’s largest property insurer, People’s Insurance Co. (Group) of China. Central Huijin is a key member of China’s so-called “National Team” — a group of state-owned institutional investors that stepped forward to support plunging stock markets in 2015 by buying up blue-chip stocks.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas