This Week’s Movers and Shakers
| World of Finance
Sun Guofeng (孙国峰) started his job as the new head of the People’s Bank of China’s monetary policy department just as the government entered crisis mode. Sun, who replaced Li Bo (李波), made his first public appearance as director on Oct. 26, at a news conference where regulators tried to calm the markets amid a stock rout and a plummeting yuan. Both seem to have recovered somewhat after a Thursday phone call between Presidents Trump and Xi. Sun was a visiting professor at Princeton University, and has previously led the central bank’s finance research institute.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas