Exclusive: China Securities Regulator Gets New Top Disciplinary Official
China’s securities regulator got a new top disciplinary official as President Xi Jinping’s anti-graft campaign intensifies in the financial sector.
Wang Huimin was relieved as the discipline inspection team leader of the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) as he reached the civil servant retirement age of 60. Named to succeed him was Fan Dazhi, 54, who was previously the top disciplinary official at Bank of China, one of the big four state-owned commercial banks.
The top disciplinary officials at large financial institutions and regulators are appointed by the Communist Party’s top disciplinary watchdog, the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI). The agency has recently announced a series of changes in its appointees to financial institutions. Wang was in the CSRC post since 2014.
Fan was the secretary of the discipline inspection commission at Bank of China since March 2017. He was dispatched by the CCDI as the discipline inspection team leader at the bank in January. Fan said the assignment of discipline inspection teams to state-owned financial institutions aims to effectively prevent and control financial risks through keeping a close eye on the banks’ top management and key business areas such as credit approval.
Before his CCDI career, Fan was the head of state-backed Hua Xia Bank Co. Previously he held various positions at other Beijing state-owned financial institutions, including Beijing International Trust Co., Beijing Offshore Financing and Investment Center and Beijing State-Owned Assets Management Co. He also acted as the chairman of the supervisory board of UBS Securities Co.
Earlier this month, the CCDI replaced Wang Yungui as the discipline inspection team leader at China Development Bank, the country’s policy bank. Wang later joined China Merchants Bank, the fifth-largest bank on the Chinese mainland by market value, as a vice president.
Contact editor Han Wei (weihan@caixin)
Nov 13 23:24
Nov 13 20:13
Nov 13 19:50
Nov 13 18:27
Nov 13 17:05
Nov 13 17:27
Nov 13 16:05
Nov 13 14:09
Nov 13 13:42
Nov 13 12:06
Nov 13 11:15
Nov 13 10:18
Nov 13 06:12
Nov 13 03:53
Nov 12 17:25
- 1China’s Manufacturing Sector Expands at Fastest Pace in Nearly Three Years, Caixin PMI Shows
- 2China Will Create ‘Space Economic Zone’ by Midcentury: Report
- 3Swiss Telecom CEO Explains Why He’s Sticking With Huawei
- 4China Revamps Undergraduate Studies, Tapping Controversial Talent Program
- 5Alibaba’s Sales Surge 40% and Profit Triples
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas