Xi Names Sectors to Further Open to Foreign Investment
During his speech at the G-20 Leaders Summit in Osaka, Japan, on Friday, President Xi Jinping proposed several measures that China will take to further open its market. Here are the highlights according to a report by the official People’s Daily:
China will soon release an updated negative list for 2019, which will further open up the agriculture, mining, manufacturing and service sectors. Six new free trade pilot zones will be established, including a new zone in Shanghai. The government will also “speed up the process of exploring the possibility” of building a free trade port in South China’s Hainan province.
China will further lower tariffs and strive to remove nontariff trade barriers to significantly reduce import costs. China will host a second international expo to promote imports to the country.
Improving business environment
China will enact a Foreign Investment Law at the beginning of 2020 that will introduce a penalty system for intellectual property infringement. It will better protect intellectual property through civil and criminal laws.
China will remove all restrictions for sectors not included on the negative list for foreign investment. Foreign companies that are allowed to do business in China will be treated equally with all other registered companies. A complaint system for foreign businesses will also be established.
China will push forward regional partnership agreements, accelerate the negotiation of the China-EU investment agreement and the China-Japan-South Korea free trade pact.
Contact reporter Wu Gang (email@example.com)
Jul 15 20:32
Jul 15 18:28
Jul 15 15:16
Jul 15 15:36
Jul 15 13:51
Jul 15 13:18
Jul 15 11:44
Jul 15 10:04
Jul 13 06:23
Jul 12 17:45
Jul 12 16:54
Jul 12 16:00
Jul 12 15:35
- 1Exclusive: Huawei Smartphone Manufacturer Halts Production at Changsha Plant, Sources Say
- 2Officials Deny Reports That Three Gorges Dam Is Structurally Unsound
- 3Huawei Gets Green Light to Develop High-Precision Maps
- 4Controversial Chinese Blockchain Entrepreneur Invites Trump to Buffett’s Charity Lunch
- 5Exclusive: Camsing Global Becomes Focus of Fraud Probe
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas