China Oceanwide Wins Rare U.S. Approval to Buy U.S. Insurer
The U.S. regulator overseeing the impact of foreign investment on national security has given the green light for a private Chinese company’s acquisition of an American insurer, a rare nod by the Trump administration to an investment from China.
The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) has completed its review on the proposed takeover by China Oceanwide Holdings Group Co. Ltd. of Genworth Financial Inc. The panel has concluded that there are “no unresolved national security concerns” regarding the deal, the two companies said in a joint statement.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas