Friday Tech Briefing: Evergrande Buys Vehicle-Battery Company
China Evergrande Group announced Thursday that it will pay 1.06 billion yuan ($155.8 million) for a 58.07% stake in Shanghai CENAT New Energy, which produces lithium-ion batteries for vehicles.
This is the property developer’s second move into the electric-vehicle market in recent weeks. The group’s subsidiary Evergrande Health agreed on Jan. 15 to pay $930 million for 51% of National Electric Vehicle Sweden AB (NEVS), a Swedish electric carmaker.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas