Citic Bank Suspends Mortgages in Beijing
(Beijing) — China Citic Bank Corp. has stopped offering mortgage loans larger than 2 million yuan ($315,390).
The suspension is another sign that banks are taking a more cautious stance toward the real estate market amid a government campaign to cool property prices and impose tougher financial oversight on consumer lending to control financial risks.
An employee with Citic Bank, one of the country’s biggest lenders in terms of assets, confirmed the move on Wednesday and said the decision was made by the bank itself.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas