Movers and Shakers: Huawei Feels the Heat
| Huawei Heat
Meng Wanzhou (孟晚舟), the chief financial officer (CFO) of Chinese telecom equipment-maker Huawei Technologies, was arrested in Canada and is being sought for extradition to the U.S. Meng is also the daughter of Huawei founder, and ex-People’s Liberation Army officer, Ren Zhengfei (任正非).
Local media reports say she’s alleged to have violated U.S. trade sanctions against Iran. Similar allegations led to the last big fallout between the U.S. government and a Chinese tech company, although that time it was the much less prominent ZTE. Liang Hua (梁华), also known as Howard Liang, the company’s chairman, has been appointed acting CFO.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas